Detached Patchwork 1940s Military Tunic (F’s US M)
Originally an issued WW2 khaki tunic. The war medals and decorations were taken off, and the coat was boiled in natural and organic black logwood extract.
Patchwork was achieved with brocade scraps from earlier works arranged into patchwork with period cotton thread. All the sewing has been done by hand to illustrate all the changes.
Original defects have been left untouched.
- Feminine US Medium
- Loose fit
- Elongated sleeves
- 1920s to 1940s buttons
- Fiber Content:
- 100% wool base
- 100% Cotton scraps
- 100% black and white 1940s cotton thread
- Dimensions (Inches/ CM)*:
- Underarm to Underarm: 20/ 50.8
- High Point Shoulder to Bottom Hem: 31/ 78.74
- Waist: 17/ 43.18
- Sleeve Length: 25.75/ 65.41
- Shoulder to Shoulder: 17/ 43.18
*Dimensions are taken with the garment laid flat. Please see the sizing charts for more details.